How hypnotherapy for self esteem can transform your life
Are there things you want to do or opportunities you would love to pursue, but something is holding you back? Helping clients with low self esteem is my speciality and you can read some of my tips in this Netdoctor article.
Low self-esteem can show itself in lots of different ways. Here are some examples that I’ve observed in my hypnotherapy clients:
- Not taking action in relation to events you want to happen in your life e.g. not applying for promotions or pursuing promising business opportunities.
- Social anxiety. Keeping your guard up in relationships both in personal and professional contexts.
- Addictive behaviours, overeating or not eating enough.
- Sabotaging relationships or opportunities that you know would fulfil you and make you happy.
- Feeling governed by an ‘inner critic’ which tells you all the ways in which you don’t deserve or shouldn’t have positive things in your life.
- Destructive perfectionism and an overwhelming fear of failure.
- Lack of boundaries in relationships and allowing others to take advantage of you.
- Feeling stressed and overwhelmed.
- Behaving in an arrogant or overly domineering manner.
“But they seem so confident…”
One of the biggest game-changers for my clients is the realisation that low self esteem or confidence is incredibly common. The famous US hypnotherapist Gil Boyne described our fear of not being good enough or not being loved/loveable as “universal neurosis” i.e. something that we all suffer from now and again. Many of my clients describe a mask or a wall they put up to hide the fears that lurk beneath the surface.
Because so many of us fear being exposed or vulnerable, its no wonder that we’re rarely aware of the inner struggle that others face. I don’t mind admitting that I have battled with low self esteem at various points in my life and so I know how liberating it is to move past it.
Why is hypnotherapy for self-esteem so powerful?
Low self-esteem arises from deeper beliefs we have about ourselves that are driven by our unconscious mind, so we may not even be aware of them. Many of us acquire unhelpful beliefs throughout our lives like “I don’t deserve it” or “I’m not good enough” which has the potential to hold us back in virtually every area of our lives. This is why its quite common for clients to come and see me for something that seems unrelated, but low self-esteem is the root of their problem.
The good news is that these damaging beliefs can be changed and transformed into something more positive. You can actually have a strong, loving relationship with yourself. When treating low self-esteem we look at:
- clearing negative beliefs;
- reconnecting with personal strengths and resources;
- learning techniques for you to use in your daily life to move on from moments of self-doubt;
- learning how to embody confidence and to take action in your life (which naturally grows confidence);
- getting clear on what you really value and creating a life that aligns with those values.
How much do you like yourself?
How would life be different if you could have fun just being you every single day? Can you imagine how that difference would ripple out into all the different contexts of your life? I am so passionate about helping clients grow their self esteem because of the radical change that can make in all areas of their life.
Clients experience greater love, fulfilment, energy, optimism and resilience because they realise they can rewrite the narrative of their life into one that suits them better.
Before you get concerned about becoming an ego-maniac because you like yourself better, this change always leads to greater levels of love and compassion. We grow our capacity to serve others when we don’t waste energy worrying about what other people think of us.
Do you want to boost your self esteem?
I always offer a free, no-obligation conversation. So if you’re curious about how I can help you with hypnotherapy for self esteem, why not contact me today.